Welcome to the New York Chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM), home to New York’s top senior Information Technology professionals.
Recognizing the unique needs of the industry, SIM collects the intellectual capital of IT leaders nationwide and offers the resources you need to do business better.
We offer an exciting and informative program for our membership. Monthly meetings are planned from January to December. Most meetings typically feature a presentation by a leading Chief Information Officer or a panel discussion. In addition, each meeting provides an informal opportunity for networking.
Log on to the SIM Website
* Sign in using your Member username and password
* Click ‘Membership Info’ on right-hand side of the screen
* Click ‘Securely Renew Your Membership’
* Select your Membership Information level from the drop down menu
* Your Member information should already be populated
* Please fill in the Billing Information
* Finally click Submit Securely
You don’t want to miss out on SIM’s year-round benefits, including:
- Networking: SIMposium 2015 (Charlotte); roundtables and seminars
- Knowledge Sharing: Advanced Practices Council research; Working Group deliverables;
- SIM Connect; SIM News Extra; Webcasts and SIMnet.org
- Education: Access to SIM Regional Leadership Forum, providing industry-specific training for future IT leaders
- Advocacy: The collaborative “voice” of SIM on issues such as cyberspace security and software licensing
- Industry Leadership: Access to peers who understand and manage similar challenges and issues
Renew today if you haven’t already done so!
The coming holidays mark the end of the year and the time when people often reflect on how they can improve in the New Year. Many set personal goals and make “New Year’s resolutions” – and forget about them by March
The Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) challenges you to make a New Year’s resolution that is guaranteed to stick: invest in your own personal and professional development, or nominate someone else to do so, by participating in the 2015 RLF program. The RLF takes high potential individuals and helps them develop their own authentic leadership style and the emotional intelligence, personal strengths, and core competencies that define true leaders. The results are often life changing.
This is what some recent graduates have to say about the value of the RLF program. Read more…
NY SIM member Mark Polansky was recently interviewed by Forbes.com. You can read the article here.
In May, VP of National Programs Jim Tosone conducted his “Improvisation for Leaders” workshop at the SIM Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, NY Metro, and Midwest Regional Leadership Forums.
NY SIM VP National Programs Jim Tosone was interviewed for The Transformation CIO blog: “Improvisational Skills Can Elevate Innovation Leadership Capabilities” and for the No Limits podcast: “Episode 1.”
NY SIM member Mark Polansky was quoted in Network Worlds article “CIOs, CTOs shed more techie cred“
October 30th, 2014
New York City
The BPO Innovations Conference 2014, hosted by the Outsourcing Institute, taking place on Thursday, October 30 in NYC, will provide a roadmap to changing market dynamics and how to obtain true innovation value add in your existing and future outsourcing relationships. Spend the day networking, learning and connecting with leading BPO industry decision makers, influencers and thought leaders. Sessions at BPOI will touch base on: Innovative Case Studies; Shifting from Cost to Business Transformation; Leveraging BPO to Enable the Digital Enterprise; Multi-shoring: Managing Service Delivery and Geo-political Risks; and, more! Register today. Admission is complimentary for Buyers. If you are a Buyer, please use code BuyerSIM to receive your complimentary admission. For full event details, visit the BPOI website.